Advanced Programme in Contract Drafting, Negotiation and Regulatory Compliance
INR 2500 inclusive of GST - LAST DATE TO REGISTER - 18th July 2018
Leading law firm SCRIBOARD - Advocates and Legal Consultants in association with Enhelion, has launched an advanced certificate programme on Legal Writing and Contract Drafting for the students and professionals of India. This is a self paced programme, and the access to the course, will be provided to all the registered participants for "Life". Each student, after she/he completes the course, will get a signed certificate from renowned corporate lawyer - Mr Rodney D Ryder, who is the founding partner of Scriboard Advocates and Legal Consultants.
This is a programme dedicated for the Indian audience. Contract drafting is the most important skill that a lawyer should have in today’s day and age. Contracts are very vital for any long term business relationship. An excellent written contract always fills an organization with tremendous confidence in dealing with business relationships. All corporate professionals, business managers, lawyers, law students, entrepreneurs need to understand the nuances of a legal contract and should also know how to write a good contract. This three month certificate programme looks at contract drafting in a completely different light. Practicing lawyers whose main job is to draft contracts on a daily basis, would be teaching this programme.
- Law Firm certifying the course: Scriboard Advocates and Legal Consultants [Mr Rodney D Ryder shall be signing the certificate]
- Course Fee: INR 2500 [inclusive of GST] - Last date to register - 18th July 2018
- Duration: Self Paced [You can start any time and end anytime]
- Book: Each student shall receive a book written by Mr Ashwin Madhavan and Mr Rodney D Ryder on – “Legal Writing and Contract Drafting” [free of cost], published by Bloomsbury Publishing – www.bloomsbury.com [A world renowned publisher, headquartered at London, the United Kingdom]
- Allotment of Course: 18th July 2018
- You can start the course any time, as per your choice and end anytime as per your choice
- Internship Opportunity: Those students who do well, shall receive an internship opportunity with Mr Rodney D Ryder’s law firm: Scriboard Advocates and Legal Consultants
Notable Features of the Course:
- Taught by practicing lawyers who have an experience of more than 35 years in the profession, who form the core team of Scriboard Advocates and Legal Consultants.
- All lectures that are part of this programme are taught by practicing professionals.
- LIFE TIME ACCESS TO ALL REGISTERED STUDENTS
- All lectures are recorded and stored in Enhelion’s database for future use
- Complete presentations with voice over features
- Interactive sessions with the Scriboard/Enhelion Team at various intervals.
- Examinations to be conducted online and assignments to be submitted online
- Each student who succesfully completes the course which includes attempting an MCQ test and a project assignment of 5 pages, will receive a signed certificate from Mr. Rodney D Ryder, under the Scriboard Logo and Enhelion Logo
- The top three students will also receive a recommendation letter from Mr Rodney D Ryder
INR 2500 inclusive of GST - LAST DATE TO REGISTER - [18th July 2018 - Limited Seats]
Medium of Instruction: Online [Study Material + Presentations – with voiceover + Online Lectures on Selected Topics from experts in the field]
Please click on Join Now for further details.
- Undergraduate or pursuing undergraduation in any discipline including law, business management etc
- Medium of Instruction: English
[Online learning] the instructional system consists of:
- Self-instructional material
- Audio-video/Digital programmes
- Online Support
- Interactive Counseling [Mentor Monitored Programmes]
This is a self paced programme
You can complete it as per your convenience, however we strongly recommend that you finish within three months. But you can take more time, if you feel like.
Table of Contents
Contract Drafting Programme
MODULE 1: STRUCTURE AND STYLE OF LEGAL WRITING
- Legal letters, emails, memoranda and opinions
- Components of legal communications
- Plain English
- Content organisation
- Effective language style
- Paper advocacy
MODULE 2: PRE-CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS
- Negotiating skills, styles and tactics
- Preparing to negotiate
- Models of negotiation
- Negotiation process
MODULE 3: UNDERSTANDING CONTRACT PURPOSE AND FORM
MODULE 4; DRAFTING A CONTRACT
MODULE 5: PRELIMINARY AGREEMENT FORMS
- Memorandum of understanding
- Letter of intent
- Term sheet
- Authority to proceed
- Scope of work
- NDA/Confidentiality agreement
- Subject to contract
The Evaluation System for the Certificate course consists of two components:
- One online MCQ based test worth 50 Marks
- 1 draft contract/project assignment to be submitted online worth 50 Marks
- Total = 100 Marks
- Passing Score: 40/100
You will receive a certificate from Mr Rodney D Ryder, founding partner of Scriboard Advocates and Legal Consultants as well as from Enhelion after successfully completing all the requirements of the certificate programme.